Friday, September 3, 2010

Jackson's First Camping Trip

Joe and Jackson decided to have a male bonding evening and spend the night in the great outdoors. We were not sure how Jackson would do sleeping outside with all the new noises and colder night temperatures, so the campground was the Morton backyard. Jackson and Charlie's school was closed on Friday so Joe took this opportunity to set up the campground with the boy's supervision.

By the time I arrived home from work the campground was ready to go and the campfire was
ready to set. Joe planned for hot dogs and s'mores for the campfire roasting and the boys really enjoyed cooking their own meal. Jackson was not so sure about the s'mores but did enjoy the marshmallows. Charlie just ate the Hershey bar.

As the afternoon progressed to evening, Charlie and I retired to the house and the camping boys settled in for the night. Jackson had a short moment of hesitation about being outdoors to sleep, but after the promise of hot chocolate as a reward for making it through the entire evening, he was determined.



Saturday morning I was awaken by the boys returning from the campsite and Jackson requesting his reward. I love the picture of him enjoying his hot chocolate, you can see his sense of accomplishment all over his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment