Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bird Watching.... Morton Style

This past Christmas, Joe's sisters gave Jackson and Charlie a bird watching themed gift, which included a bird feeder, binoculars, and seed. Jackson loved the bird feeder and wanted it in his room for the first month. I finally convinced him that no birds would come to the feeder in his room, it would have better use outside. So in March, we were finally able to put the feeder outside our kitchen window so that we could enjoy it while eating.
At first we did not attract many birds, part of the reason is that anytime a bird seemed interested in feeder, Jackson would run towards it yelling and waving a stick. Over time, we finessed our bird watching abilities and now we enjoy them from our kitchen window.
This morning Jackson informed me that the red cardinal was his favorite. When I asked him why he replied," 'cause he is cranky. He doesn't like to share." I don't know if this is emulating his feelings about Charlie becoming more interested in his toys or if he feels a common bond with the Cardinal and would offer him his stick to run the other birds away. I like to think that it represents his better choice of mascots, I mean what is the Royal's mascot anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment