Monday, April 26, 2010

Girls Trip to New York

Tori, Tara and I went on a girl's trip to New York this past weekend. Thanks to Tori's careful planning, we got to see a side of New York that Tara and I had missed on previous trips. We had all visited tourist sites so that left a couple of tours, lots of shopping, a Broadway show, and an infamous trip to Chinatown. We ate tons of great food and even fit in a nap or two.

We of course had to visit FAO Schwarz to get Jackson, Charlie, Noah and Nic prizes while in New York. We had hoped to get a Thomas the Train that had New York on it but as the concierge kindly reminded us "Thomas is from Sodor, not New York." This tidbit of information Tara and I were fully aware, which Tori thought was very funny since she had no idea about Sodor Island. This lead us to a trip to Grand Central Station to try to find a train with New York on it and we did hit the jackpot. I had to take a picture of the Chewbacca made entirely of Legos at FAO because Jackson is obsessed with Star Wars and I thought it was pretty cool myself.

We had several nights on the town and ate lots of great food. We had several celebrity sightings including Al Roker and Kathy Lee, but the celebrity that Tori was the most upset about missing was Richard Simmons who was on the Kathy Lee and Hoda show that morning. We missed him by about 15 minutes, which we would of seen him had we had not stopped to get croissants and French toast (how fitting).

We had to get this Battlestar Galactica picture that we took at NBC tour even though none of us had even seen the show, but the picture of Tori was priceless!

Overall, had a great time with the girls. At times we felt like we just blended into the scenery and fit in with the locals until we spoke and everybody asked "Where are you from?"

4 comments:

  1. First, I am so glad you are blogging! Second, I about wet my pants when I saw that picture of the three of you! That is SO funny! Looks like you had a great time. I am so glad the three of you got to go on a fun girls trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had an awesome time! LOVE that pic of the 3 of you, too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I said to you, If I really looked like that, I would NEVER wear clothes! (or very little clothing. Ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture still makes me laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete