Saturday, November 13, 2010

Huntsville 1/2 Marathon


I was excited to participate in the Huntsville Half Marathon this year. The boys were excited for race day, especially Jackson who called dibs on the finishing medal. After the start of the race, Joe, Jackson, and Charlie headed over to a local Bojangles for some biscuits and cinnamon rolls; afterwards, the boys took turns rolling down the hill next to the church that was hosting the race. By the time I finished, the boys were full, exhausted, and covered in grass shavings. Jackson not only swiped my medal but he quickly decided that the post race pizza was suppose to be his as well, you can see remnants on his face. After enjoying a few refreshments, Jackson looked over at me and said, "Gracious for the medal." Charlie replied, "De Nada". I guess Spanish word of the day at the Morton's house seems to be working.

No comments:

Post a Comment