My friend Jennifer brought the boys a surprise today: hockey masks. The Huntsville Havoc is a local hockey team and Jennifer is a season ticket holder. As a free prize for coming to a recent game each spectator was given a free hockey mask upon admission. Jennifer was kind enough to share this prize with the boys.

Upon arriving home, I prefaced the boys with a little background of the sport of hockey and the idea of the goalie mask, since they have had little contact with the sport.
Jackson and Charlie were very excited about the gift and were running around the kitchen and laughing at each other in the mask. True to form, within 5 minutes Jackson was trying to decide which Star Wars character the mask most reminded him. He decided that he looked like General Grievous and ran around the house with two light sabers and proclaiming, "I'm Grievous!"

I must agree I can understand where he sees the resemblance. That being said, the masks kind of creep me out. I have a feeling the masks will be hidden by the morning; I don't want the first thing I see in the morning to be that mask requesting Disney Channel and a cup of milk.
No comments:
Post a Comment