
We enjoyed a quiet Thanksgiving at home with my parents this year. We were excited about my parent's arrival on Wednesday night and started

the Thanksgiving preparations by Jackson helping me bake a pumpkin cheesecake.

Thursday morning, Joe and my dad decided that they would conquer the dead tree in the backyard once and for all.
Finally success, Charlie and I yelled timber as it fell. The boys enjoyed running around outside among the branches and I think that Charlie thought he would help with the tree clean up with his sword.
We enjoyed a fried turkey this year for the first time and
it was delicious. The boys wanted a little time to play outdoors so we piled the leaves and the boys had a jumping contest into
them. Joe came up with the
idea that they could also slide into the leaves and it was a huge success.We closed our day with my dad (BaBa) wrestling with the boys prior to bed and they had a blast. I tried to join in and one head butt and an ice pack later, I had a fat lip. That just solidified the "Mommy doesn't wrestle" rule.

No comments:
Post a Comment