Friday, December 24, 2010

Twas the Day Before Christmas

We started our Christmas Eve with one of our favorite things: food. The boys were excited to help me make gorilla bread and of course they used this as a opportunity to show off their aprons that Grandma had given them while in Missouri.
My dad and I went into town to brave the
crowds for some last minute gifts and the boys and Gran enjoyed relaxing and watching Despicable Me that Gran had given them.

After our shopping adventure, we made the Christmas feast, which included prime rib (this was a first for me so I delegated to Joe).

After eating we headed to church for the Christmas Eve service. I always enjoy this time of celebration and to have an opportunity to slow down and remember the reason for the season.


After church the boys were able to open a couple of their presents from Gran, Baba, Joe and I. Jackson was super excited about the Cowboys helmet and jersey that my parents
had given him and Charlie started playing with Handy Manny immediately. I had gotten the boys Star Wars cookie cutters to help us with making Santa's cookies.



The boys were a huge help with the cookies at first, but then they wanted to play with their new prizes so the adults got a little into the cookie cutting and baking. We had a great time and I
had the opportunity to use my new rolling pin; I think Joe better behave because I think that it could be a pretty good weapon.


We ended our day in front of the Christmas tree reading The Grinch, Twas the Night Before Christmas, and story of the birth of Jesus.

We went to bed happy and excited for the prospect of a visit from Santa and the possibility of a White Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment