Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Weekend


We started our weekend with a trip to the Indian Creek Greenway. The Greenway is about 6 miles round trip and links in with Research Park (the site of next weekend's Duathlon for Joe). Joe wanted to do a trial run of the course, so the boys and I went for a walk with the double stroller. About 45 minutes into our walk, the boys and I found ourselves under a tree. A summer rainstorm surprised us about 2 miles from our car. When we met up with Joe, we all looked pretty rough. Of course it was a very isolated storm because Joe missed it. Once we got back to the car, the boys wanted to play in the park which was also dry. We got some pretty funny looks in the park due to our wet appearance.


Sunday morning we treated Joe to blueberry pancakes. He was very excited about the blueberries because they were his fresh from his garden. Joe really liked the bike rack that the boys gave him and immediately went to the garage to put it on the Camry. I think he believes it makes the Camry look more trendy (good luck with that).





After church and naps, we, in true Father's Day fashion, put Joe to work in the yard while the boys and I played in the sprinklers. The boys enjoyed some frozen popsicles and then decided to declare war on me with the sprinklers.










Overall, we had a great family weekend. Joe and I missed not being able to spend Father's Day with our own dads but I was glad that the boys were able to enjoy the weekend with their father.

No comments:

Post a Comment