Friday, June 18, 2010

Tallassee High School Reunion

This past weekend Joe and I attended my 15 year high school reunion. I was unable to attend the 10 year reunion, so I was excited to see all my old friends and catch up. My parents kept Jackson and Charlie, so Joe and I enjoyed two kid free nights. We stayed at the Renaissance in Montgomery and it was a beautiful hotel. We met up with our friends Tori and Bryan at the rooftop pool. Tori and I enjoyed the pool while Bryan and Joe watched the World Cup. Neither Tori nor I knew our husbands were such big soccer fans until this weekend. (Personally I think that should be disclosed before the vows.)

The reunion was held at the Down the Street Cafe in Montgomery and we had a pretty high turnout. While catching up, I realized that some people had changed a great deal while others remained exactly the same (kind of scary considering most of us now are parents). The music was mainly from the 90s and even though there was a dance floor it didn't really get any use until the Electric Slide and then it was a hot spot. Joe and I even two stepped for the first time.

Sunday we headed home to get the boys from my parents and got to meet the two new additions to the Ingram household, Mork and Mindy. My mom said that Jackson and Charlie really enjoyed the cats and were really good with them. From the small amount of time I got to witness the interaction, I think that Mork and Mindy were glad to see the Morton boys head back home.





When I look at the pictures from the evening it amazes me how fast time has passed. I know that some of my former classmates I won't see again until the 20 year reunion and some I will be on the phone with tomorrow. I would never want to go back to my high school days, but I would not trade the experiences had or the lessons learned for anything. Most importantly, I am thankful to the small town of Tallassee for what were and still remain my 3 best friends.

1 comment:

  1. That's great you girls are still such great friends after all these years! And I'm jealous of your two kid free nights! :)

    ReplyDelete