Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Blanket, I Have Been Looking All Over For You


In May, Jackson and Joe took a trip to Osceola to visit with Joe's family. Upon return, we realized that two items had been left in Missouri: Joe's suit and Jackson's blanket. Joe and I thought that the missing blanket was not a big deal and dismissed it until our next trip to visit family.
With Jackson's birthday next week, Joe's mom sent a care package including gifts and the missing blanket. Now keep in mind that Jackson has not once mentioned this blanket but when the blanket was pulled out of the box he yelled "Blanket, I have been looking all over for you!!" He ran around the house with it for about 30 minutes and at bedtime he was happy to snuggle up with the returned treasure.

This morning he was insistent that he should take the blanket to school for nap time. When I dropped him off his teacher commented, "Jackson, you found your blanket. We try to give him a blanket every day at nap but he says that it is not HIS blanket."
I am so glad that Jackson and his blanket are reunited, and feel a little bad that he has been secretly looking and missing the blanket for 3 months and I didn't even know.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Jackson! I understand the love a kid has for their blanket. Just ask Joe. I used Mine (yes, Mine was what I named my blanket) through high school!

    ReplyDelete