Sunday, August 22, 2010

Scooter Man Coming Through


Today was Jackson's first tour of the neighborhood with his new scooter. For his birthday, Jackson decided that he wanted a scooter. Since our local Toys R Us is located in a sketchy area of town, I decided that with free shipping we would just order on line. We looked at several different models of scooters and when Jackson saw this Spider-man scooter he yelled "That one"! So "that one" it was and when it came in I had to laugh. The scooter is rated for 18 months and older. While not only being huge, it plays different superhero voices and songs. I was a little nervous for him to open the extra large scooter but when he did he loved it. Jackson was so proud of his jumbo scooter that he told Charlie he could ride too because his scooter had "room for two".

We started out in our full Spider-man gear which included helmet, scooter, and a pair of shorts that were a little too big which he deemed "scooter riding shorts"(In full gear he looked like an X-Games competitor). Even Gari May made the group of spectators for the scooter's maiden voyage. Jackson was so confident of his scooter abilities that at one point he told Gari she had to get out of the way because "Scooter Man was coming through!"


While on the trip, Jackson took full advantage of the musical
offerings of the scooter and would take
intermittent dance breaks (especially on the hills).
I am betting that even though Scooter Man's clothing style might be featured on X-Games, I seriously doubt his dance moves will.

No comments:

Post a Comment