Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Jackson!!


Jackson turned 4 today. He has been so excited about his upcoming birthday and had a running list of all the things that he would like for gifts on the big day. He made sure that we were aware that he really liked the Transformers and anything Star Wars. Jackson was so excited to start the day opening gifts and cards. He opened the gifts from Grandma, Joe's mom, first. When he opened the Transformer Grandma had sent he looked at Joe and proclaimed, "See, I told you Grandma would know!" I guess when Joe caught him earlier in the week trying to open his presents Grandma had sent, Jackson told him that Grandma knew exactly what he wanted.



After presents, Jackson and I went to Target armed with his new billfold filled with money that Grandma had sent to go get some bad guys, the Decepticons in Transformer world. I could tell that Jackson felt really big to be able to pick out his toys, Megatron, Ravage, and General Grievous (Star Wars), and pay for them himself out of his new wallet.



One trip to Target and a Happy Meal later, we headed to watch Despicable Me in 3D. Jackson really enjoyed the movie and said that his favorite part was when the "bad guy turned good".



We ended our day the way any birthday should, with cake.


Reading back though this blog entry, I realize how far I have come in my knowledge of boy toys, i.e. Transformers, Decepticons, and all things Star Wars. This being said, I still have some things to learn. The transformer Grandma sent took 1 move to transform, the Optimus Prime I bought took 26. I guess we will chalk that up to experience and Grandma "Knows"!

No comments:

Post a Comment