
The Mortons got an early start to our Saturday by heading to Monte Sano Mountain to participate in a 15k and 1 mile Fun Run. Pre-race the boys enjoyed some cinnamon rolls and Jackson wanted to get in a few stretches in before his race.



The 15k was advertised as a "scenic run on rolling hills" and they were very honest. After about mile two, I was worried maybe I had bitten off more than I could chew with a new hill around every corner; however, I could still hear little Charlie's chant at the start line, "Run Mommy, Go!" and stuck with it.
While I was running, the boys enjoyed the Monte Sano Park area and listened to some live music.


After my race, Jackson got ready for his racing debut. He wore my number from the previous race to make it official. Joe ran with him while Charlie and I cheered him on. Joe said that when he would get near another kid running he would sprint in front of them and yell, "I am faster than a speeding bullet." I don't know that he could
outrun Clark Kent but he was definitely number 1 in my book!
OMG I LOL'd at Jackson saying he was faster than a speeding bullet. Love it! I don't know how you did those hills, that is awesome!
ReplyDelete