
This morning we decided to go on a little adventure to Scott's Orchard and pick some apples. Since I had never visited an orchard, I was not sure what to expect; I had visions of me on a ladder and the boys running under trees picking up apples. However, when we arrived I realized that the owners had already completed the hard job of gathering the apples and had bagged them for sale.

They also offered a variety of products such as fresh honey, strawberry preserves, and apple butter (my favorite). They also had frozen apple drink that the boys loved.


After purchasing our bag of apples the boys wanted to wander around the orchard and look at the trees. As would be expected, Charlie was determined to investigate the rotten apples on the ground.

Later in the afternoon, we decided to try our first attempt at caramel apples. They turned out delicious; although I was somewhat surprised we had enough caramels because Charlie kept stealing them.

No comments:
Post a Comment