Saturday, October 30, 2010

Super Busy Saturday

We were a bit energetic and maybe a little crazy with our planning for today:

8-9am Spooktacular 5K
My friend Tiffany and I ran the Huntsville Spooktacular 5k. We had a blast running in costume: a cop and Princess Leia. The kids enjoyed some time on the moon bounce and watching the geese and ducks in Big Spring Park.







9am-11am Star Wars Birthday Party
Jackson's best friend Yohannes celebrated his 4th birthday with a Star Wars themed party. Due to the large turn out, light sabers were in short supply. Luckily, our van was stocked with 3 extra light sabers in the car to share (if you haven't guessed Star Wars is a big deal at our house).

11am-1pm Monster Mash
Jackson's friend Ben had a Monster Mash to celebrate his 4th birthday. Jackson decided to forgo his Darth Vader costume and go as Han Solo since the birthday boy was going to be dressed as Darth Vader. I guess two Vaders at one party is a bad idea. With pumpkin decorating, pin the eye on the monster and cupcakes, the boys had a blast.


1:30pm-3pm Boys nap---ahhhhh!


3pm-4:30pm Fall Festival at Trinity Baptist Church
The boys enjoyed fishing for candy, jumpers, slides and cotton candy (I enjoyed the cotton candy a little too).


After all these festivities Joe and I were pretty exhausted. When leaving the festival I made the comment about what a busy day we had. Jackson smiled and said, "Day's not over yet!" He was right Auburn ended up beating Ole Miss 51-31. What a great, exhausting, day!

1 comment:

  1. Whew, I'm tired just reading that! Saturdays like that are fun though!

    ReplyDelete