
With me working and no chance to get outside due to rain, Joe was stuck in the house with two boys with cabin fever. I think he might of gotten a little desperate for activities because he exposed one of my dark secrets.
When Jackson was about 1, I learned that there is no way that you can keep all the toys in the toy box. So I started a new rule: if a toy was not played with for 2 months it went into a secret stash in the attic. As you can imagine, this stash has grown over time.

This weekend the boys found the stash. How or why Jackson and Charlie were in the attic is still a mystery that Joe has not helped me solve; however, for the past three nights we have made a trip to the attic for Jackson and Charlie to pick from the heaping mound, a toy for the evening. The trip tonight led to Tickle Me Elmo, the must have toy of 2006.

I bought this toy for Jackson and was so excited for him to see it. He never paid it a bit of attention and I think that it actually stayed in the toy box for a record breaking year before it made it to the unwanted toy stash. Well, Elmo made an appearance tonight and he earned his 4 year room and board. Both Jackson and Charlie thought that Tickle me Elmo was the best toy ever made and Jackson is currently sleeping with him (I took the batteries out). I guess the lesson I learned from this experience is: after giving them the toy and they play with it for all of ten minutes, hide the toy and let them think that they discovered it all on their own and it will be the coolest toy ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment